OIL MIST DEDECTOR SCHALLER AUTOMATION
Schaller Automation Oil Mist Detector Service TAMAY LTD. is your site authorized sales, service and support center. Our site-trained technicians are available 24/7 for service, repair and regular maintenance to ensure the optimum operation of your Schaller Visatron OMD :
Regular maintenance service is recommended to ensure the optimum operation of your equipment. Our site-trained technicians are available 24/7 to service and repair your Schaller Visatron OMD. Contact our service department to discuss scheduled maintenance and to arrange your service.
Schaller Visatron Oil Mist Detectors; Routine maintenance should be performed yearly or every 6,000 running hours. Fresh air filters should be changed every 2 months, Pressure regulator filters should be changed every 6 months. Repair or exchange measuring head every 4 years.
- Oil opacity measured by infrared optical light
- - complete systems
- - system installation
- - spare parts and repair kits
- - reconditioned parts
- - exchanged
- Robust and fast-acting - seconds to engine shut down
- Mandatory on engines over 2250KW or cylinder diameter of at least 300 mm.
- Major class approvals: ABS, USCG, GL and more
- Authorized installation and service by site trained technicians
CUSTOMISED OIL-MIST DETECTION SYSTEMS
Schaller Automation now offers false-alarm free VISATRON oil mist detection systems, with customised hardware and parameter settings to suit the specific engine type.
OIL MIST DETECTOR ADVANTAGES
Following the mandatory SOLAS regulations for fire precaution, classification societies to be the number one choice for oil mist detection systems to be the number one choice for monitoring as part of the safety system required for marine engines with power in access of 2,250kW, and / or a cylinder bore of more than 300mm. This is because generic sensors measuring temperature and pressure are not sufficiently effective to guarantee the required operating safety, as they do not monitor a number of lubricated sliding surfaces.
Surfaces that can generate intensive oil mist in addition to the crankshaft bearing system include:
- Pistons in cylinder liners
- Crankshaft bearings such as main bearings and big-end bearings
- Camshafts, their bearings and cams
- Timing gear shafts and their bearings
- Gear boxes with their bearings, and in some cases pumps
- Guide blocks and paths in cross-head engines
VN-301 OIL MIST DETECTION SYSTEM